Academic Content Review
Our long experience in publishing, author mentoring, and editorial services, which you can read about here, allows us to provide a service that most proofreaders, copy editors, and editorial services companies are not qualified to offer. With our academic content review service, we will provide you with a detailed critical review of the material, enabling you to reassess and potentially rewrite sections of your work. This service is particularly critical for first-time or inexperienced academic authors, such as postgraduate students writing their thesis/dissertation or academics writing their first papers.
This service does not deal with any language-related issues with your written material. So after you have revised your content based on our review, Proofreading or Copy Editing would still be required to prepare the content for publication.
This service includes the following:
- Supporting evidence: We indicate those areas of your work that are unsupported or weak and require extra sources to support your position.
- Academic focus: We recommend the removal of sections that are irrelevant and do not contribute to your argument.
- Structural analysis: We highlight where there are gaps in your argument logic that require extra passages or a structural reorganisation to bridge them.
- Idea development: We draw attention to sections in which ideas have not been developed thoroughly and require treatment in greater depth.
- Editorial assessment: We provide an in-depth editorial assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of your text, including recommendations for areas of further improvement.
For a sample of this service, please click here.
Note for Graduate Students
Our service for graduate students abides by very strict ethical standards. It is fraud to pass off the work of others, including your editor, as your own. For this reason we will NOT engage in the following activities:
- Writing any papers or dissertations. Such services are immoral and we will never agree to such a request.
- Conceptual thinking, researching, or extensive writing on behalf of our clients. This is the job of the author, not the editor.
If you are unsure whether your professor approves of your use of a professional editor, please consult them before using our service.