Business Copy Editing
This service is for the majority of our business customers. With this service, your editor will ensure that the language, style, and structure of your writing is able to fully complement the content of your work and deliver the intended message to your audience. Copy editing includes the following:
- Full proofreading
- Spelling: Spell checkers don’t catch everything! We ensure there are no mistakes. Rules are applied throughout, using British or American English as requested.
- Punctuation: Issues here can completely alter your meaning, so getting this right is very important in order to make sure your text is clear and accurate, as well as ensuring that it flows properly.
- Grammar: As with spelling, it takes very few errors to really undermine the quality of your writing. We make sure there are none.
- Consistency in text and styles: A lack of consistency makes the work look confused or badly put together. We check that your text is consistent with acronyms, conventions, italics, styles, fonts and layout.
- Sentence construction: Your sentences are the fundamental building blocks of your text. We make sure they are clear, concise and say exactly what you want them to.
- Word and phrase choice: Using the correct language is vital to give your text the right tone for your purpose and intended audience. We offer more suitable alternatives to help you get it right.
- Resolving ambiguity: To guarantee that your full meaning comes across (and there are no unfortunate connotations you didn’t notice), we flag ambiguous phrases and suggest ways to clarify them.
- Structure and logic: We ensure the point of your work is easy to follow and the text flows well, with a clear progression between sections.
- Relevance and clarity: We make sure there is no repetitive or redundant material that could detract from the quality of your writing or the clarity of your meaning.
- Factual consistency: We query any inconsistencies with factual information to help you guarantee that your text is 100% accurate.
- Terminology: We confirm that your use of terminology is consistent and follows standard business practice.
For a sample of this service, please click here.