This is the service that most works need. With this service, we ensure that the language, style and structure of the writing is able to fully complement the content. Copy editing includes the following:
- Full proofreading
- Spelling: Spell checkers don’t catch everything! We ensure there are no mistakes. Rules are applied throughout, using British or American English as requested.
- Punctuation: Issues here can completely affect the meaning, so getting this right is very important in order to make sure the text is clear and accurate, as well as ensuring that it flows properly.
- Grammar: As with spelling, it takes very few errors to really undermine the quality of the writing. We make sure there are none, so the writing is accurate and easy to read.
- Consistency in text and styles: A lack of consistency makes work look confused or badly put together. We check that your text is consistent with acronyms, conventions, italics, styles, fonts and layout.
- Sentence construction: Sentences are the fundamental building blocks of the text. We make sure they are clear, concise and say exactly what they are wanted to.
- Word and phrase choice: Using the correct language is vital to give the text the right tone for the purpose and intended audience. We offer more suitable alternatives to help the customer get it right.
- Resolving ambiguity: To guarantee that the full meaning comes across (and there are no unfortunate connotations that were not noticed), we flag ambiguous phrases and suggest ways to clarify them.
- Structure and logic: We ensure the point of the work is easy to follow and the text flows well, with a clear progression between sections.
- Relevance and clarity: We make sure there is no repetitive or redundant material that could detract from the quality of the writing or the clarity of its meaning.
- Factual consistency: We query any inconsistencies with factual information to help the customer guarantee that the text is 100% accurate.
- Terminology: We confirm that the use of terminology is consistent and follows standard practice.
- Referencing: We check that all references are accurate and properly labelled.
For a sample of this service for academic writings, please click here, and for business writings, please click here.
A Note to Graduate Students
Our service for graduate students abides by very strict ethical standards. It is fraud to pass off the work of others, including your editor, as one’s own. For this reason we will NOT engage in the following activities:
- Writing any papers or dissertations. Such services are immoral and we will never agree to such a request.
- Conceptual thinking, researching, or extensive writing on behalf of our clients. This is the job of the author, not the editor.
If the student is unsure whether their professor approves of their use of a professional editor, they should consult them before using our service.